Kuri Vase 8
Kuri Vase 8
Free Shipping on Orders Over $200
After studying architecture at university, Yasuki entered the world of Zou (Japanese garden). In 2012, Taiki moved to Hida Takayama and began creating pieces using wood lathing. His unique technique of preserving the vitality is influenced by the relationship between Japanese people and plants, which he acquired during his training. Wood is a material that breathes, shrinks, and repeats its contraction, even after dug out from Earth. The complex and dynamic growth process of wood is both a lovely labor and an endless source of expression for craftsmen. His pieces visualizes the flow of time, without restraining the vitality from the cracked skin and curved form.
Note: Each piece is hand work by the artist, even the same piece will have a slightly different expression.
· Please note that the products listed on this website may be out of stock at the time you place your order, as they are shared with the stock in the shop.
· Also, as many items are one-offs, they may be unavailable if they are already sold. Thank you for your understanding.
· The color and texture of the product may differ from the actual product due to the characteristics and settings of your monitor.
· Patterned products may differ in the way the pattern appears.
· Product specifications and prices are subject to change without notice.