Miyajima Shamoji 7
Miyajima Shamoji 7
Free Shipping on Orders Over $200
The products made with consistent attention to detail, utilizing the techniques of skilled craftsmen considered as treasure of Japan. All of the products remind us the cultural value of Japanese sense of beauty.
Azumaya revives such old and good Japanese "tools" in the modern age. Remaking them into user-friendly designs that match today's lifestyle, showing us a new side of Japan.
The material is Paulownia wood, a broadleaf tree from the Paulowniaceae family that also grows naturally in the production area. It has hardness and emanates a sense of cleanliness from its beautiful grain pattern. After shaping the wood from domestic sources, craftsmen carefully polish each piece to create a smooth and untreated finish that feels pleasing to the touch.
The elegant form, flowing from the surface to the handle, follows a design that has been passed down since ancient times. It combines traditional craftsmanship with a modern and sophisticated impression.
By soaking it in water for a while before use, freshly cooked rice will be less likely to stick, allowing for smooth serving. After use, wash it, remove any rice grains, wipe off excess moisture, and thoroughly dry it before storing to maintain its initial beauty for a long time.
Note: Each piece is hand work by the artist, even the same piece will have a slightly different expression.
· Please note that the products listed on this website may be out of stock at the time you place your order, as they are shared with the stock in the shop.
· Also, as many items are one-offs, they may be unavailable if they are already sold. Thank you for your understanding.
· The color and texture of the product may differ from the actual product due to the characteristics and settings of your monitor.
· Patterned products may differ in the way the pattern appears.
· Product specifications and prices are subject to change without notice.