OVAL BOX cherry #4
OVAL BOX cherry #4
Free Shipping on Orders Over $200
IFUJI is a small studio of furniture producing unique and essential hand-made pieces.
Owner Masashi Ifuji is a Japanese craft artist based in Nagano. He specializes in exquisitely crafted, simple and functional wooden objects such as his famous Oval Boxes. He discovered Shaker objects when he was 15, making this as an experience that lead him to become a wood worker. Another of his signature pieces are tablewares, made with traditional Japanese techniques such as sawmilling and plant-dyeing. Natural materials including glass-based paint and vegetable oil are essential to create functional shapes and an earthy appearance.
IFUJI Oval Box in Cherry Wood. Bees wax finish. Can be used for storing dry goods. Copper nails. 100% wood. Handmade in Japan.
The cherry wood used for the cherry box is purchased every winter on the East Coast of the United States, and only the best quality logs are selected from among thousands of logs and shipped to Japan by ship. Each piece is then milled for the OVAL BOX and allowed to dry naturally for more than a year to preserve the flavor of the wood.
Note: Each piece is hand work by the artist, even the same piece will have a slightly different expression.
· Please note that the products listed on this website may be out of stock at the time you place your order, as they are shared with the stock in the shop.
· Also, as many items are one-offs, they may be unavailable if they are already sold. Thank you for your understanding.
· The color and texture of the product may differ from the actual product due to the characteristics and settings of your monitor.
· Patterned products may differ in the way the pattern appears.
· Product specifications and prices are subject to change without notice.