Born in Tochigi, Japan in 1977. Terayama graduated from the Architecture Department of Chuo College of Technology in 1998, and graduated from KIDI (Kanazawa International Design Institute) in 2001. From 2004 to 2005, he studied at Studio Richard Hutten and MVRDV in the Netherlands. In 2006, he graduated from Design Academy Eindhoven, following the establishment of his one design studio, studio note.
What Norihiko Terayama seeks is to “balance" the beauty derived from the laws of nature, which can never be controlled, with the aesthetic sense of human beings.
While maintaining an appropriate distance from nature and accepting it, Terayama refines the object to make it more elegant and beautiful through the power of design.
Note: Each piece is hand work by the artist, even the same piece will have a slightly different expression.
· Please note that the products listed on this website may be out of stock at the time you place your order, as they are shared with the stock in the shop.
· Also, as many items are one-offs, they may be unavailable if they are already sold. Thank you for your understanding.
· The color and texture of the product may differ from the actual product due to the characteristics and settings of your monitor.
· Patterned products may differ in the way the pattern appears.
· Product specifications and prices are subject to change without notice.