jincut stool 600
jincut stool 600
Free Shipping on Orders Over $200
A woodworker based in Kagoshima, Japan.
His wide-ranging activities include custom-made furniture, original products, and store and home interiors.
The drying period of the wood used for materials varies depending on the thickness and species, but it takes 3 to 5 years until it's dry enough for carving. Although nowadays it's possible to obtain high-quality timber from all over the world, we create our products by learning about the cycles of forests and timber around the neighborhood, and pursuing shapes that suit the character of the timber we use.
Artist : Taku AKIHIRO
Sculptor, Painter, Designer
Taku AKIHIRO creates sculptures with a unique perspective on familiar objects, emerging from a local-based approach. In recent years, he has been expanding the capabilities of his "migaku - polish" idea by presenting works in different mediums other than wood, such as paintings, stone, metal, and other materials. For him, creating sculptures is an act of looking back at his foundation, stimulating his five senses, and adding color to daily life.
Note: Each piece is hand work by the artist, even the same piece will have a slightly different expression.
· Please note that the products listed on this website may be out of stock at the time you place your order, as they are shared with the stock in the shop.
· Also, as many items are one-offs, they may be unavailable if they are already sold. Thank you for your understanding.
· The color and texture of the product may differ from the actual product due to the characteristics and settings of your monitor.
· Patterned products may differ in the way the pattern appears.
· Product specifications and prices are subject to change without notice.