KMNR™ PAUSE 8
KMNR™ PAUSE 8
An art collective lnitiated by Gen Taniguchi, the seventh generation owner of Nao handmade washi, which has a history of more than 300 years in the Nao area of Saga Prefecture. By making full use of the papermaking techniques that have been handed down over the years, and by making a sheet of paper from a specific material enclosed, KMNR™ creates "Kankonshi" as a medium with a new context that retains the information (soul) of the material the paper sheet contains.
What is Kankonshi?
Kankonshi is a type of recycled paper made by hand from waste paper that existed before the Edo period (1603-1868). It was called kankonshi because the newly made paper was believed to contain the soul and information that used to reside in the original waste paper.
Note: Each piece is hand work by the artist, even the same piece will have a slightly different expression.
· Please note that the products listed on this website may be out of stock at the time you place your order, as they are shared with the stock in the shop.
· Also, as many items are one-offs, they may be unavailable if they are already sold. Thank you for your understanding.
· The color and texture of the product may differ from the actual product due to the characteristics and settings of your monitor.
· Patterned products may differ in the way the pattern appears.
· Product specifications and prices are subject to change without notice.